Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blog Blast! Running Reward #2

I was washing up the dishes after dinner a few nights ago and when I was rinsing out a can I'd used for the dinner before placing it in the recycle bin, I took a second glance at it and decided it would be reUSED rather than reCYCLED. 

It was a small little tin, so it'd be perfect for buttons or beads or other crafting what-have-yous.

I decided to crochet a little jacket for it.  I should have consultant Lucy's blog at Attic24 FIRST, since she apparently has an awesome pattern for it.  But, I didn't.  I made up my own single crochet pattern with a bit of edging around the top and it turned out just fine.

Here's how it looked.







Once I'd finished it, I looked about on google images for other crochet jar jackets and I added some to my new PINTEREST account.  I've only just started with Pinterest and I like it, but I'm still learning and it does take a lot of internet time.  I already spend a bit too much time with hand on mouse!

Enjoy my pinterest crochet jars here:  http://pinterest.com/sherjenks/crochet/

Next time, I think I'll do a bigger crochet jacket in double crochet.  I'll have to keep my eyes out for a keen jar at the washing up.

Enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...